Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina, UMYU commences sales
of 2016/2017 academic session postgraduate programmes admission form.
are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the
following full-time Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s and Ph.D programmes
of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina for the 2016/2017 academic
session commencing in March, 2017.
UMYU Postgraduate Admission Requirements.
he following shall qualify for the Postgraduate Diploma admission:
- Graduates of recognized Universities;
of Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of lower credit pass
(CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale or its equivalent in relevant areas;
of Higher National Diploma (HND) without Education obtained at credit
level with a three years relevant postgraduate experience;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
with third class degree in areas other than Education can be considered
after three years relevant postgraduate experience. Those in the
Education may be considered in their area of specialization;
- All candidates shall be subjected to a selection process.
he following shall qualify for the Master’s Degree Programmes: –
of recognized Universities who have obtained the approved Bachelors
degree with at least Second-Class Honors (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale.
Candidates with Second-Class Lower who do not make up CGPA of 3.00 must
possess a Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized institution with at
least a credit level pass (CGPA 3.50) in relevant areas.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the ones listed above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
The following shall qualify for Professional Masters’ degree admission:
who possess Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least a lower credit
pass (CGPA 3.00) at a scale of 5 and at least a credit pass at
Postgraduate Diploma (CGPA 3.50) of a recognized Institution;
- Candidates with any Bachelor’s degree in Third Class division who have at least five years relevant working experience.
.MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY (M.Phil)
The following shall qualify for Master of Philosophy admission: –
of Universities who have obtained a good Masters Degree with a minimum
CGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale shall be required to register for
M.Phil/Ph.D and must score a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale to
proceed for Ph.d in the proposed area.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
The following shall qualify for the Doctor of Philosophy admission:
of recognized Universities who have obtained a good Masters Degree with
CGPA of 3.50 in the appropriate proposed areas of study;
of recognized Universities who have obtained Masters of Philosophy
degree with CGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale to proceed for Ph.D in the
appropriate proposed areas of study;
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelors degree in Second Class lower division (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University;
must state the proposed area of Research and submit a synopsis of not
less than 500 words of the proposed topic of research.
addition to the requirements above, a candidate must satisfy the
University’s matriculation requirements i.e five credit passes at the
O’level to include English and Mathematics.
All candidates shall be subjected to a selection process.
UMYU Postgraduate Available Programmes.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Department of Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instructions
- M.Ed. Educational Psychology
- M.Ed. Education Management
Department of Library and Information Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Information and Record Management (PGDIRM)
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
Department of Arabic
- M. A. Arabic
- Ph.D Arabic
Department of Nigerian Languages (Hausa)
- M.A. Hausa
- Ph.D. Hausa
Department of History and Security Studies
- M.A History
- Ph.D. History
Department of Islamic Studies
- M. A. Islamic Studies
- Ph.D. Islamic Studies
Department of English and French
- M.A. English
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Department of Economics
- M.Sc. Economics
FACULTY OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry
- M.Sc. Chemistry
Department of Geography
- Masters in Resource Development (MRD)
- M.Sc. Geography
- Ph.D. Geography
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- M.Sc. Computer Science
- M.Sc. Mathematics
Department of Biology
- M.Sc. Biology
- Postgraduate Diploma – 2 to 4 Semesters
- Masters in Resource Development (MRD) – 2 to 4 Semesters
- M.A./M.Sc. – 4 to 6 Semesters
- Ph.D – 6 to 10 Semesters
UMYU Postgraduate Admission Method of Application
Interested candidates for all the Postgraduate Programmes can apply online via the University url http://portal.umyu.edu.ng/pgapplication/ from Monday, 7th November, 2016 to 31st December, 2016.
Click here to apply
The procedures of payment of application fees (N10, 500) are available at http://portal.umyu.edu.ng/pgapplication/ .
candidates are expected to request their previous institutions to
forward copies of their academic transcripts accompanied by Form B, to
the Secretary Postgraduate School, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University,