Federal College Of Education (Technical), Akoka in Affiliation with
University Of Benin, Benin City, hereby invites application from
candidates who have obtained the Cut Off Score of 180 marks and above in
2016 UTME for admission into the Bachelor of Science Education
[B.Sc(Ed)] and Bachelor of Arts [B.A(Ed)] Degree Programmes.
The screening exercise has been scheduled as follows:
DATE: 27th October and 20th November, 2016
VENUE: Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka,Yaba, Lagos State
TIME: As specified on the screening schedule
The following courses are available:
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
a. Agriculture Education Programme
b. Business Education Programme
c. Home Economics Education Programme
d. Industrial Technical Education Programme with options in
i. Automobile Technology Education
ii Building/Woodwork Technology Education)
iii Metal Work Technology Education
iv Electrical/Electronics Technology Education
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY AND CURRICULUM STUDIES
a. Biology Education Programme
b. Chemistry Education Programme
c. Computer Science Education Programme
d. Mathematics Education Programme
e. Physics Education Programme
f. Integrated Science Education Programme
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATIONAL STUDIES AND MANAGEMENT
a. Fine and Applied Art Education Programme
The minimum entry requirements for admission into the B.Sc (Ed) and B.A (Ed) Degree Programmes are
• GCE ‘O’/L, SSCE/NECO/NABTEB/NTC/NBC or at least five merit level passes in TC II or equivalent.
• Credit level pass in five (5) relevant subjects, including English
Language and Mathematics and relevant subjects obtained at not more than
The College conducts aptitude tests and interviews
as part of screening exercise for all UTME candidates seeking admission
into the College.
Additionally, being an ICT–driven institution, prospective candidates must have the capacity to operate in an ICT environment.
who did not choose the College initially are also eligible to apply and
take part in the screening exercise. The POST UTME SCRRENING is for
both UTME and Direct Entry candidates.
DIRECT ENTRY PROGRAMME
• Holders of university degrees, HND, ND, NCE or equivalent qualifications may proceed from Part II
• Only candidates with credit and merit grade at NCE, ND and HND level
in relevant courses from reputable institutions are eligible to apply.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
application should be done between 7.00am Thursday 27th October, 2016
and 12 midnight on Sunday 20th November 2016. The procedure for the
2016/2017 PUTME Entry Screening application is as follows:
1. VISIT www. fcet-akoka-edu.ng
2. Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before starting the application process
3. Click on 2016/2017 Post-UTME Application
4. Click on Student Portal
5. Click on Register for Application at the top left corner of the display page in other to proceed.
6. Enter your full names exactly as written on the JAMB Registration
Slip and your JAMB Registration Number. Immediately, your ID and
Password will be displayed on the browser.
7. On the Student Portal page click on “Login” at the (top right of front page).
8. Enter your Username and the Password to login.
9. To start the application process, please click on “Application
Record”, provide all required information and upload your passport
10. Upload a RECENT and CLEAR “1×1”COLOUR PASSPORT
PHOTOGRAPH WITH RED BACKGROUND IN JPEG FORMAT ONLY. Note that the
photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted
candidates throughout their stay in Federal College of Education
(Technical), Akoka; an Affiliate Institution to University of Benin.
FAILURE TO UPLOAD THE SPECIFIED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH WILL LEAD TO
DISQUALIFICATION and failure/forfeiture of admission.
11. To pay for
the Application, click on “Add online payment ticket” at the bottom of
the page, and then click on “College Pay”on the top left corner of the
page. Follow the instruction to pay the application fee of N2,500:00.
12. Preview and confirm your information before submitting your
application online. (No correction will be accepted after the closing
13. Print out an Acknowledgement Slip that contains the screening schedule.
Closing Date: Application website closes by 12.00 mid-night on Sunday 20th November, 2016.
For further enquiries, please call any of the following numbers: 08037189323, 07051491328, 08064853334, 07051259799
Subscribe to get latest educational news and updates for free:
Do you have any question concerning this post? Feel free to ask us via the comment box below