Accounts Clerk Job at the European Union (EU) – January, 2017.
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership
between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in
international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and
working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through
more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations,
which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The European Union (EU) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Clerk
Job No: 44644
- We offer a post of Accounts clerk. Under this post, the recruited
person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the
- Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific
job function as Accounts clerk – this job function may be changed in
accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
- Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as
support staff to assist the Delegation Accountant in the processing of
financial and administrative documents under the supervision and
responsibility of the relevant head of section.
- Liaise with the Delegation’s bank and monitor its bank account;
- Encode invoices into the Delegation’s accounting system and record financial data in appropriate software;
- Execute accounting transactions and follow-up outstanding and non-executed transactions;
- Make sure that financial, budgetary and contractual rules, procedures and deadlines are respected;
- Follow the consumption of commitment and payment credits;
- Provide information and participate in presentations on financial and budgetary procedures;
- Entering the required data in the dedicated EU software
- Responding to Ex Post Control request
- Proper handling of Exception/Non-Compliance Notes
- Attending to Suppliers/Contractors on payments and on Legal Entity and Bank Account information
- Assist in the preparation of reporting to the Headquarters;
- Assist in the preparation, finalisation and follow-up of the yearly budget;
- Assist in procurement procedures;
- Participate in the creation and optimisation of relevant accounting tools;
- Follow up, adjust and verify the execution of the authorised budget, in compliance with the financial regulations;
- Contribute to the preparation of budgetary documents and reports;
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Capacity to work in a multicultural team, showing good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a timely and efficient
manner, even when working under pressure and while respecting strict
- Sense of discipline, method, organisation and accuracy;
- High degree of responsibility
- Good communication skills with both internal and external contacts;
- Capacity to analyse and structure information (notably numerical);
- Diploma in Accountancy or equivalent. Higher education and/or further training would be an asset.
- Minimum three years of proven work experience in contracting and/or
financial & budgetary discipline. Previous experience in a
diplomatic mission would be an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent command of the local tongue, both written and spoken and
excellent command of English both written and spoken. Good command of
another European Language would be an asset.
- High level of computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
Internet). Certification or diplomas on the Microsoft suite would be an
Remuneration and Condition of Service
- The selected candidate will have to work full time in a multicultural environment.
- Gross remuneration will be fixed depending on the provided proof of
years of relevant professional experience as foreseen by the EU Local
Agents’ Framework Rules.
- We offer a competitive position in an international environment.
Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are
offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application and supporting documents to the functional mailbox: Delegationfirstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject heading: “Accountant clerk / Job no 44644” addressed
to: the Head of Administration, Delegation of the European Union to the
Federal Republic of Nigeria. The package should include a cover letter, a
detailed CV – Europass Format , and a motivation letter.
- Applications received after the deadline or that do not conform to
these instructions will be automatically rejected. Only candidates
short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
- The information and conditions related to this position are not
legally binding, and may be subject to change before a contract is
Application Deadline 24th January, 2017.
Don’t Be Left Out!
Subscribe to get latest educational news and updates for free:
Do you have any question concerning this post? Feel free to ask us via the comment box below