Details on The United Nations Global Compact Winter Internship 2017
The United Nations Global Compact is offering internship
opportunities to recent graduates from all over the world in its New
Application Deadline: Summer 2017 (July to December 2017): 7th April 2017
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): New York, USA
Eligible Field of Study: Not specified
About the Award: The United Nations Global Compact
pursues two complementary objectives: (1) making the UN Global Compact
and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere;
and (2) facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting
partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals.
Depending on their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will:
- conduct research relating to the topic of corporate citizenship,
especially on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption;
- draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate citizenship topics;
- support the organization of meetings and events;
- assist with outreach activities;
- handle email and other inquiries;
- assist in the implementation of the Global Compact’s integrity measures;
- perform administrative tasks as assigned.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree
programme (bachelors or second university degree, or higher) at the time
of application and during the internship; or
- Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship.
Value of Internship: Internships at UN Headquarters
are unpaid. Interns must therefore be able to cover their costs of
travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses during the internship
Duration of Internship: Internships with the UN
Global Compact are available for a duration of three to six months. The
timing of internships is flexible. We encourage candidates to apply for
the following sessions:
- Summer / Fall: August to November (with a possible extension to December)
- Winter / Spring: January to May (with a possible extension to June)
How to Apply: Those interested in pursuing an internship with the United Nations Global Compact must submit an online application at the UN Careers website.
Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage to the “Search Job
Openings” section and select “Internship” under the Category field, and
“New York” under the Duty Station field. Click on the Search button.
This will lead you to a list of various internship openings. You will
need to search for the UN Global Compact internship by Job Opening ID
For Winter 2017, the Global Compact Internship Job Opening Number is 66635.
Candidates are strongly recommended to pay attention to the job opening
number to make sure that their applications reach the UN Global Compact
Don’t Be Left Out!
Subscribe to get latest educational news and updates for free: