JAMB has stated that a meeting with officials will need
to be conducted, after which the Cut-Off Marks for 2017 UTME will be
No date has been announced for when the meeting will be conducted.
JAMB insists that it has not released the cut-off mark for the 2017 examination.
NAN reports that the Head, Media and Information, JAMB, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, made the clarification in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos on Tuesday.
He said that the policy committee meeting responsible for the determination of cut-off marks had not met.
According to him, it is in the best interest of candidates and other
critical stakeholders to jettison cut-off marks for the various courses
that are currently being paraded.
“We want to appeal to all candidates to jettison such speculations
and engage themselves in more meaningful ventures that would add value
to their future,” he said.
Benjamin said results of the just concluded 2017 Unified Tertiary
Matriculation Examination had since been released, with a few others
still being previewed.
“We want to appeal to Nigerians to understand that such candidates
whose results are being previewed may not necessarily have participated
in any malpractice.
“But rather, centres where they sat for the examination had issues during the conduct of examination.
“These issues were reflected on the CCTV footage and this suggests
why they must be carefully investigated before releasing such results,”
- 1 Hot : Click Here For 2017 JAMB change of course / institution has List of schools whose 2017/2018 Admission Application forms are out
- 2 List of courses offered in various Nigerian tertiary institutions
- 3 See the latest tuition fees of tertiary institutions in Nigeria
- 4 Latest news for Postgraduate students in Nigeria
- 5 LATEST JAMB NEWS | SCHOLARSHIPS NEWS | ADMISSION NEWS | JOB VACANCIES |
Don’t Be Left Out!
Subscribe to get latest educational news and updates for free: