of the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination emerged on
Tuesday with Imo State indigenes topping the list of candidates that
registered for the examination.
registrar of Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Is-haq
Oloyede, has revealed that the exam body registered a total of 1, 736,
571 candidates for the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination
Oloyede, who gave a breakdown detail of duly registered candidates for
the UTME, said the number of registered candidates for the 2017 UTME
rose by 464,287 compared with the 2016 figure of 1,272,284 candidates.
Below is a list of states with highest applications:
- Imo State ===> 101, 868 candidates.
- Osun State ===> 88,655 candidates.
- Oyo State ===> 87,811 candidates.
- Ogun State ===> 81, 349 candidates.
- Delta State ===> 81,108 Candidates.
- Anambra State ===> 77,253 Candidates.
- Kaduna State ===> 72,104 Candidates.
- Kano State ===> 70,276 Candidates.
- Kogi State ===> 70,150 Candidates.
- Benue State ===> 68,916 Candidates.
also said that a total of 321 visually candidates registered to partake
in the examination and that adequate arrangement had been provided to
ensure their effective participation in the exam.
warned candidates to desist from seeking reposting from exam centre
assigned to them to another, adding that there would be no rescheduling
Don’t Be Left Out!
Subscribe to get latest educational news and updates for free: