has shut off internet access to its citizens, according to reports from
inside the country, apparently due leaked exam papers for the nation’s
grade 10 examinations.
media users noted that the internet service was interrupted from around
7 pm on Tuesday—reportedly to prevent exam leaks. About 1.2 million
students are taking the grade 10 national exams, with another 288,000
preparing for the grade 12 university entrance exams that will take
place next week.
Addis Ababa told Quartz the internet was reinstituted on Wednesday
morning after more than a 12-hour shutdown. Others, however, said that
the connection was still being interrupted, and was going on and off.
“No connection at all. Everything was blocked,” Biniam Alemayehu said.
Alemayehu told Quartz that his 4G phone connection didn’t start working
until 9.30 am.
steps to Ethiopia’s in June 2016, when it blocked social media networks
in order to fight cheating in secondary school exams.
- 1 Hot : Click Here For 2017 JAMB change of course / institution has List of schools whose 2017/2018 Admission Application forms are out
- 2 List of courses offered in various Nigerian tertiary institutions
- 3 See the latest tuition fees of tertiary institutions in Nigeria
- 4 Latest news for Postgraduate students in Nigeria
- 5 LATEST JAMB NEWS | SCHOLARSHIPS NEWS | ADMISSION NEWS | JOB VACANCIES |
Don’t Be Left Out!
Subscribe to get latest educational news and updates for free: