- 1 Ojo Aderemi, the Student Union president of the University of Ibadan has said that nobody has the right to ban the union.
- 2 Hot : Click Here For 2017 JAMB change of course / institution has List of schools whose 2017/2018 Admission Application forms are out
- 3 List of courses offered in various Nigerian tertiary institutions
- 4 See the latest tuition fees of tertiary institutions in Nigeria
- 5 Latest news for Postgraduate students in Nigeria
- 6 LATEST JAMB NEWS | SCHOLARSHIPS NEWS | ADMISSION NEWS | JOB VACANCIES |
Ojo Aderemi, the Student Union president of the University of Ibadan has said that nobody has the right to ban the union.
The Student Union was banned as a result of a peaceful protest by the
students asking for basic demands from the school authorities
school activities or even ban the Union. His colleagues, according to
him, have no history of vandalism.
hooliganism. We’re not known for vandalism. Check out history. We’ve
always been peaceful students. We don’t vandalise property. We’re
Federal Republic of Nigeria, we have the right to associate, assemble.
And no individual, nobody, has the right to dissolve the Union, because
it is not a cube of sugar.”
he said they simply chose Democracy Day to come out and state their
“We had a general meeting of the Student Union,
and it was resolved that students should embark on a peaceful
demonstration on Democracy Day.”
campus, students have paid for their ID cards, but they haven’t
received them. Apart from that, according to our student information
handbook, we have the right to use hot plates in our kitchennettes.
There’s high level of victimisation, stifling freedom of information and
exams till the 17th of July, and there’s still a strict ban on protests
by the Oyo State Commissioner of Police.
Don’t Be Left Out!
Subscribe to get latest educational news and updates for free: