Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) registrar, Prof. Is-haq
Oloyede, on Wednesday said that 1,606,901 results, out of the 1,718, 425
that registered has been released.
at a news conference in Abuja yesterday, Oloyede said the results were
released within 24 hours of the examination, adding that the remaining
80,889 candidates’ results would be released soon.
He said it was
also a deliberate act by the board to withhold about 76,923 results dues
to some alleged malpractices in some of the Computer Based Centres
(CBT) where exams were held.
“Six weeks into the registration, we harvested in preparation for the exam about 1.7 million registrations.
“But so far, we have released the results of 1,606,901 candidates leaving us with a balance of 80,889.
“Out of this 80,889, we have deliberately withheld 76,925 results for further investigation because of alleged malpractices.”
READ: JAMB 2017 CUT-OFF MARK
registrar said that results would henceforth not be released
immediately from 2018 unless every issue pertaining to the conduct of an
examination had been thoroughly looked into which depict the
international best practices.
also said that supplementary examination would be conducted soon for
candidates who had hitches in the registration and examination
Oloyede attributed some of the hitches to some CBT owners and cyber cafe operators.
“Anybody whose biometric could not be verified will be allowed to do the supplementary examination.
at today, 640 candidates out of 1.7million candidates did not do
biometric verification, reasons being that some fraudsters registered
candidates across online.
“In this case, the students are not
guilty of the offence and hence will be made to write the exam again
under my own very eyes.”
Mr. Oloyede, however, promised to introduce electronic jammers in subsequent examination to further reduce malpractices.
Don’t Be Left Out!
Subscribe to get latest educational news and updates for free: