To say we are not impressed by the speed and expertise displayed byWest Africa Examination Council (WAEC) concerning the 2017 exam is basically out of point.
In less than 2months, the board has released 2017 Senior School Examinations (SSCE) results online which is the fastest in the history of the examination board.
In this post, we will share in details, the facts and figures of the 2017 SSCE with you. See number of passes, cancelled results, others.
2017 WAEC SSCE STATISTICS.
- 1,567,016 candidates registered for the examination, out of which 1,559,162 candidates sat the examination
- Of the total no. of candidates that sat the exam, 829,853 were male & 729,309 were female, rep. 53.22% & 46.27% respectively.
- Out of the total no. of candidates that sat the exam, 1,471,151, rep. 94.36% have their results fully processed & released.
- 95,734 candidates, rep. 5.64% have a few of their subjects still being processed due to errors traceable to the candidates.
- 1,490,356 candidates, representing 95.59% obtained credits and above in two (2) subjects.
1,436,024 candidates, representing 92.44% obtained credits and above in three (3) subjects.
- 1,357,193 candidates, representing 87.05% obtained credits and above in four (4) subjects.
- 1,243,772 candidates, representing 79.77% obtained credits and above in five (5) subjects.
- 1,084,214 candidates, representing 69.54% obtained credits and above in six (6) subjects.
- 923,486 candidates, rep. 59.22%, obtained minimum of credits in 5 subjects & above, including English Language & Mathematics.
- The %age of candidates in this category in the WASSCE for School Candidates in 2015 & 2016 was 38.68% & 52.97%, respectively.
- 214,952 candidates’ results, rep. 13.79% are being withheld in connection with various reported cases of exam malpractice.
- The cases are being investigated & reports of the investigations will be presented to the NEC in due course for consideration.
- The Result checker PIN and Serial Number are contained on the CIVAMPENS Card issued to all candidates.