2018 UTME: 200,000 candidates have been offered admission-JAMB
JAMB urges all candidates to go and check their admission status on the exam body's website.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board has announced that 200,000 candidates have gained admission for the 2018/2019 academic session.
The Head, Media and Information of the JAMB, Fabian Benjamin said this on Sunday, October 7, 2018, Lagos while speaking reporters from the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
He said the admission took effect after JAMB's policy meeting in Gbogan, Osun State, in June.
He said, “We have so far offered not less than 200,000 first choice admissions to candidates.
“To this effect therefore, we are urging candidates to go to our site and check their admission status and those who have been offered such admission should quickly indicate by accepting and printing such offer, as failure to do so will automatically mean the candidate is no longer interested.
“And therefore, the board may see all such offers as rejected and would have no option than to mop them up and give it to other interested candidates.
“Candidates are to accept or reject all offers not later than Oct.16 as that is when all offers of admissions of first choice will close.
“After that, we will commence admission exercise for the second choice of candidates,”
Recall that the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination was conducted from March 9 to 17, 2018.
Read More: 2018 UTME: 200,000 candidates have been offered admission-JAMB