Possible Questions From JAMB Novel “In Dependence”
Many candidates that have registered for the 2018 UTME and obtained the newly introduced Novel “In Dependence,” must have finished reading the book (that is for those that enjoy reading novels).Already many have started asking of questions they are to expect during the examination.
At the moment I have come up with few questions from the first two chapters of the book.
With time, more questions will be included. However, we advise candidates to ensure they finish the whole book before the examination as the reason for this is just to give you an
idea of how the questions will likely be presented.
QUESTIONS FROM JAMB RECOMMENDED NOVEL – IN DEPENDENCE.
The option in asterisk(*) indicates the right answer.
1. How is Suleiman related to Vanessa
(a) Biological son1
(b) Adopted son
2. Vanessa’s Mother known as ______ died of cancer in what year.
(a) M5rs Baker, 1975
(b) Mrs Elizabeth, 1976
(c) Mrs Baker, 1977
(d) Mrs Elizabeth, 1978
3. Vanessa was eventually married to who?
(a) Professor Peters
(b) Professor Tayo
(c) Professor Edwards
(d) Professor Trevor
4. What is the nature of Christine’s death?
(a) Murder, overdose
(b) Suicide, overdose1
5. Uncle Kayode later pursued a career in _______
(a) Teaching, London
(b) Businessman, France
(c) Engineering, France
(d) Sailor, London
6. Professor Tayo was given an honorary award in
(b) Civil La1w
7. How many honorees were awarded a doctorate alongside Professor Tayo
8. Tayo’s cousin, Tunde is the Pastor of
(a) a great Catholic Cathedral in London
(b) a Nigerian protestant church in London
(c) fastest growing Nigerian Church in London
(d) a Baptist Regional Church in London
9. Kwame had been teaching in the ______ before Tayo’s arrival
(a) California University
(b) Oxford University
(c) London University
(d) San Francisco University
10. For how many years has Kwame been teaching in the University before Tayo’s arrival.
11. The name of the driver accompanying Tayo to the Airport when he had an accident is
12. Mrs. Elizabeth seemingly had an affair with a slave while in Nigeria named?
13. Pick-up-your-stick-and-sandals marriage was a phrase popularly used by the ______ according to Vanessa
14. Salamatou is the biological mother of Suleiman, but she died of
(b) Car accident
(c) Brief Illness
(d) Heart attack
15. Vanessa married to Professor Barker on
(a) July 14th 1975
(b) July 15th 1976
(c) July 16th 1977
(d) July 17th 1978
16. Suleiman was ______ years old when he dropped out of the university
17. Vanessa Richardson is an Africa Journalist who writes column for
(a) Washington Post
(b) New York Times
(c) The Guardian
(d) Daily Times
18. Akin, the carver, had a great uncle, who was a servant to ______ during colonial periods
(a) Colonial officer Jonathan
(b) Mr Nancy Murdoch
(c) Sir Hugh Trevor
(d) Lord Lugard
19. Tayo lied to Vanessa that Christine was his
20. Kemi (Tayo’s daughter) has a boyfriend named ______, who works as a _____
(a) Charlie, photographer
(b) Laurent, chef
(c) Richard, chef
(d) Metuh, photographer.
BDCBCDCCDB [1-10] CCCBBBCDCB [11-20]
*21*Tayo’s mother died on her way to____?
*22*where did ike work?
(a)In a bar
(b)in the ministry of education
(c)as a British council
(d)as a business man
*23*which word akin’s uncle have a penchant for?
*24*who told Tayo his mother was dead?
*25*what game did akin’s uncle start with his friends?
*26*what is the name of akin’s uncle boss?
*27*whom did Tayo think of whenever he was with Helene?
*28*what was written on kemi’s snoopy night dress?
(a)Love is the whole world
(b)Rock my style
(c)Love my style love me
(d)kiss my ass
*29*where did ajayis always fly to for the summer holidays?
*30*in what year did uncle kayode get married to Helene?
*31*how old was Miriam’s pregnancy as at the time they visited the yelwa club?
*32*who called out on greetings as Tayo and his family entered the lounge in yelwa club?
*33*what was the name of Tayo’s daughter?
*34* who phoned Tayo last week to congratulate him on his manuscript?
*35*what was the name of salamatou’s son?
*36*when was tayo’s family house normally quiet?
*37*what did Tayo and Vanessa order when they got to the restaurant in Lagos?
(a)Rice and beans
(b)Rice and stew
(c)Rice and plantains
*38*what was the name of Tayo’s neighborhood drunk in his home town in ibadan?
*39*who was the most successful trader along the west African coast?.
(d)Tayo’s mother in Law
*40*what was the name of Oxford finest hotel?
(b)The Randolph Hotel
(c)Super motion hotel
(d)Oxford Hotel and suit
*41*what was the name of Yusuf’s current girlfriend?
*42*What did tunde refuse to have at the party in his house?
*43*Tunde’s room was designed to be what?
(c)a slf con
*44*The name of Tayo’s cousin was?
*45*where did Tayo accompany tunde to?
*46* Where was Yusuf working at?
(b)At the clinic
(c)At the hospital
(d)At the bank
*47*what did Tayo aspire to be in the future!
*48*what is the name of Vanessa’s father!
*49*who drove to fetch uncle tony from station when he arrived France?.
*50* Who was never asking but announcing?
1. Modupe and Tayo always visit where at dark hours
*A. Lebanese Cinema*
B. Hill’s Club
C. Auvergne’s Theatre
D. Las Palmas de Club
2. “Here is some money for the ladies”; The speaker here is ________
A. Uncle Kayode
B. Yusuf(Tayo’s friend)
C. Mr. Adeniyi Ajayi
*D. Uncle B*
3. It was said in the letter written to Inspector Adeniyi Ajayi, that Tayo met King Olav’s son from ________
A. South Africa
4. Mr. Ike Nwandi, studies _______ abroad
D. Modern Languages
5. What was Uncle Kayode’s job rank before his return from Abroad?
A. FBI agent
*C. Senior Army Officer*
No options for the following;
6. A simile embroidered to qualify Mr. Ajayi’s silver car was Answer: *It was glistened like a fresh river fish*
7. Before Tayo’s travel, He presumed that Uncle Bola held Answer:*the secret to a woman’s heart*
8. In the last sentence of Mr. Ajayi’s letter to his son was their
family’s motto which states Answer:*In all things moderation, with
exception of study*