Apply For University of Calabar Postgraduate Programme – 2017/2018
UNICAL has started the sales of application form into her Postgraduate programmes for the 2017/2018 academic session. Basicschoolnews has updates for interested applicants.
The management of University of Calabar (UNICAL) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into graduate programmes in the 2017/2018 academic session leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degree.
AVAILABLE UNICAL GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
List of postgraduate courses offered by University of Calabar
Programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s, and Ph.D degrees are available in the under-listed Departments.
Details of UNICAL postgraduate courses and requirements are stated HERE
1) Faculty of Agriculture; Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology, Animal Science; Crop Science; Soil Science; Forestry and Wildlife Resource Management.
2) Faculty of Allied Medical Sciences; Medical Laboratory Science (Medical Microbiology/ Parasitology Unit, Chemical Pathology Unit and Haematology Unit), Radiography and Radiological Sciences, Nursing Sciences.
3) Faculty of Arts; English and Literary Studies; History and International Studies; Linguistics and Communication Studies; Religious and Cultural Studies; Philosophy; Theatre and Media Studies; Modern Languages and Translation Studies.
4) Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences; Anatomy; Biochemistry; Pharmacology; Physiology.
5) Faculty of Biological Sciences; Botany, Genetics & Biotechnology, Microbiology, Zoology and Environmental Biology.
6) Faculty of Education; Arts Education; Business Education; Continuing Education and Development Studies; Curriculum and Teaching; Educational Administration and Planning; Educational Foundations, Guidance and Counselling; Environmental Education; Library and Information Science; Science Education; Social Science Education; Special Education.
7) Faculty of Law; Law
8) Faculty of Management Sciences; Accounting, Banking and Finance; Business Management; Marketing.
9) Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry; Medicine and Dentistry; Community Medicine.
10) Faculty of Physical Sciences; Geology; Mathematics; Statistics; Computer Science; Physics; Pure and Applied Chemistry.
11) Faculty of Social Sciences; Economics; Geography and Environmental Science; Political Science; Sociology; Public Administration.
12) Institute of Education; PGD Education, PGD Environmental Education
13) Institute of Oceanography; Fisheries and Aquaculture; Physical Oceanography; Biological Oceanography
14) Institute of Public Policy and Administration; PGD Public Administration; Policy and Administrative Studies
15) Centre for Water Resources Management.
UNICAL POSTGRADUATE GENERAL REGULATIONS
Courses may be offered full-time or part-time. All programmes begin with coursework and end with a project for Graduate Diploma, MBA, MPA and MPAS or thesis for Master’s and Ph.D degrees.
Duration of Programme: For full-time studies the Postgraduate Diploma lasts for two (2) semesters. The Master’s degrees last for 4 – 6 semesters; and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes last for 6 – 10 semesters.
For part-time programmes, the Master’s degrees last for 6-8 semesters, the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) lasts for 10-16 semesters.
Note that PGD programmes run on full-time basis only.
Requirements for Admission: Candidates are required to have a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale and 2.75 on a 4-point scale for Master’s programmes and 4.00 on a 5-point scale and 3.00 on a 4-point scale for the Ph.D programmes.
A CGPA of 1.50 and above is required for PGD programmes. Candidates with Master’s degree from recognized universities may credit the relevant courses towards the Ph.D programme, provided that the quality of the grade is acceptable to the Graduate School.