- 1 UNIUYO Postgraduate Programme Admission.
UNIUYO Postgraduate Programme Admission.
All interested and qualified candidates should read the instructions on how to apply, list of available postgraduate programmes and other UNIUYO postgraduate admission details below.
Please share this!
The management of University of Uyi, Uyo, Nigeria (UNIUYO) has published the registration procedure for 2018/2019 academic session.
Students are to follow the steps below to complete their registration;
READ FIRST: Available postgraduate programmes of UNIUYO
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME – UNIUYO POSTGRADUATE
- All Full-time Master’s degree programmes last for a minimum period of four semesters and a maximum period of six
- All Full-time Doctoral Programmes last for a minimum period of six semesters and a maximum period of ten
iii (a) PGD in Education last for a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters for all full time students.
- PGD in Educational Technology last for a minimum of three semesters and a maximum of five semesters for all full time
- PGD in Engineering last for a minimum of four semesters and a maximum of six semesters for all full time
UNIUYO POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS.
- To qualify for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programme, applicants should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other University recognized by the Senate of the University of Uyo, or persons who hold qualifications adjudged by the Senate of the University of Uyo to be equivalent to first degree or holders of recognized Higher National
- To qualify for admission into a Master’s degree programme, applicants should be graduates with not less than Second Class Honours degrees in the Lower Division with, (a) CGPA of 75 on a five-point scale, (b) CGPA of 2.2 points on a four-points scale and (c) Second Class lower division (irrespective of CGPA) for the Master’s degree programme in Architecture and programmes in the Faculty of Agriculture. (d) Candidates for admission into M.Sc Medical Microbiology should be graduates of either of the following: (i) Microbiology with 2.75 CGPA (ii) Virology and a Postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology (PGDM) (iii) MBBCh/MBBS or its equivalent.
- Applicants for admission into Doctoral Degree programmes should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other University recognised by the Senate of the University of Uyo, who possess Master’s degrees with dissertation and course work average, which should not be less than 60% (B).
- Applicants will be required to have credit pass at ‘O’ Level in five relevant subjects including English Language obtained at not more than two sittings. Candidates with ‘O’ Level examination results before 2015 must possess their certificates and not statement of results or result
- Applicants for LLM & Ph. D in Law must in addition to the above have credit passes in ‘O’ Level English
- All applicants will be subjected to Screening Tests as The date of the screening test will be communicated.
- NYSC Completion Certificates (Discharge Certificates), Exemption Certificates or Exclusion Certificates is required from all applicants. One of these certificates must be submitted with the application form or before the screening test is
- Applicants who obtained their degrees through Remedial Programmes must show evidence of having remedied the relevant subjects for their programmes externally e. through WASCE, NECO, NABTEB.
vi. In addition to other qualifications, applicants are expected to meet the departmental requirements for their programmes.
Applicants must return their completed application forms with a Thesis/Dissertation Proposal captured on the prescribed Postgraduate School proposal sheet. Such proposals should be written under the following headings:
- Title (25 words maximum)
- Abstract (120 words maximum)
- Relevance of Study
- Expected Results
- References (in alphabetical order).
Under Innovation, explain the new invention, new approach or new ways of doing things, new knowledge, etc. that your research will produce. Results obtained by applying extant methodology in a new environment may not be regarded as an innovation.
Candidates should remember to request at the time of purchase of the forms that their relevant academic transcript and three letters of reference be forwarded to:
The Secretary, Postgraduate School, University of Uyo,
P.M.B. 1017, Uyo,
Akwa Ibom State.
Admissions will not normally be offered without transcripts and letters of reference.
HOW TO APPLY FOR UNIUYO POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME.
Application Forms can be accessed ONLINE on payment of the sum of N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira) only:
To make payment, generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) via https://uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals and make payment online using ATM Card or in any commercial bank nationwide. After payment return to the portal to complete your registration by clicking on Admission forms Link, then e-Forms, then Register link and enter your RRR.
CLOSING DATE: All completed Application Forms with photocopies of relevant credentials and duplicate copy of receipt of payment for the application form should reach the Office of the Secretary, Postgraduate School not later than 90 days from the date of this publication (Monday, 30th April, 2018).
Applications received after the above deadline may not be considered. Signed: