UNN Postgraduate Programme Admission.
UNN postgraduate admission application form is out. This post is to guide every interested and qualified candidates on how to apply for the postgraduate programme of the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN)
All interested and qualified candidates should read the instructions on how to apply, list of available postgraduate programmes and other UNN postgraduate admission details below.
Please share this!
The management of University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) has published the registration procedure for 2018/2019 academic session.
Students are to follow the steps below to complete their registration;
HOW TO APPLY/REGISTER FOR UNN POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME ONLINE.
- Visit the UNN Portal via: http://unnportal.unn.edu.ng
- Click on POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS.
- CLICK ONPOSTGRADUATE PORTAL.
- By the right hand side, click on “CLICK HERE TO GET LOGIN DETAILS.”
- If new student, click on NEW STUDENTS’ button. If an old student, then click on RETURNING STUDENT’S button.
- In the registration number box, enter your application number in full e.g. UNN/PG/2017p-18/000039
- Click SUBMIT to get login details i.e, username and password which is your application number.
- Click on STUDENT LOGIN to go back to the login page.
- In the username and password boxes enter your application number in full and click on LOGIN, which opens your account.
- Click on PROFILE and then CHANGE PASSWORD to change your default password.
- Click on PROFILE and the BIO-DATA to complete your profile.
- Click on ACCEPTANCE and then GENERATE PG ACCEPTANCE INVOICE to generate acceptance fee payment invoice.
- Proceed to the bank to make the payment and obtain a bank print out and a bank teller. After the payment, click on ACCEPTANCE and then PG-ACCEPTANCE to printout your Provisional Admission Letter.
- Click on SCHOOL FEES and then GENERATE PG SCHOOL FEES INVOICE to generate PG school fees payment invoice.
- Proceed to the bank to make the payment and obtain a bank print out and a bank teller.
- After the payment in the bank, click on SCHOOL FEES and then PG SCHOOL FEES in your account to obtain online school fees receipt.
- Then click on GET SCHOOL REG. NO. To get registration number e.g PG/MSC/16/73789.
Then printout your PARTICULARS Of Admission and YOUR PROFILE and submit together with your admission letter to room 115.
Proceed to room 202 at Postgraduate school for school fees and acceptance fee payment verification.
Then, proceed to Room 107 at PG school for your original school fees and acceptance fee receipts.
Visit Room 115 at PG school with your original certificates for verification.
Postgraduate students interested in hostel accommodation should generate hostel payment invoice and pay in the bank.
DURATION OF UNN POSTGRADUATE COURSES.
(a) Postgraduate Diploma (Regular) – Two semesters
(a) Postgraduate Diploma (Sandwich) – Three Long Vacations
(b) Master’s degree (Regular):
(i) A minimum of 3 semesters for full-time and 5 Semesters for part-time in all Departments/Faculties except for the Departments/Faculties listed in c(ii) below.
(ii) A minimum of 4 semesters for Full-time and 6 semesters for part-time for the following Departments/Faculties: Sociology, Psychology, Public Administration and Local Government (PALG), Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine, Education and Business Administration.
(a) M.Ed. (Sandwich) – three long vacations.
(b) Ph.D. degree Programme – A minimum of six semester for full time and eight semesters for part time in all Faculties except Agriculture which is four semesters for full time and six semesters for part time. (Ph.D. is not run as a Sandwich programme).
Candidates are expected to complete their programmes at the minimum duration but not to exceed the maximum. (See: Postgraduate Regulations).
For Regular/Sandwich programme, Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s and Doctorate degree programmes, candidates are considered for admission once in a session. Regular students are expected to register their postgraduate courses within four weeks from the commencement of the session. Candidates admitted for sandwich programmes are expected to register not later than two weeks from the commencement of the sandwich session.
Candidates should download three (3) copies of the referee report (D1) forms after completing preliminary and personal details online. Some details on the form would be inserted automatically with the information provided by the candidate online while the remaining information should be completed by the referee manually and returned to the candidate who will enclose it in sealed envelope for submission. Please note that applications would not be processed unless the referees’ reports are available.
Candidate should download transcript request forms (D2) also provided online, and submit to their former Universities/Institutions to forward with a copy of Academic transcript(s) to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka” to reach him/her not later than 30thJuly. Candidates whose transcripts are not received on or before the deadline by the School would not have their application forms processed.
SUBMISSION OF UNN POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME ADMISSION APPLICATION FORMS.
Most information required would be completed online. However, a copy of the online completed application form should be downloaded and printed. The printed application form with the relevant documents as listed below should be posted or delivered to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, for Nsukka based faculties. Candidates for Enugu based faculties are to submit their application forms by post or delivered to: The PAR, School of Postgraduate Unit, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus.
For ease of reference, Enugu based faculties are: Business Administration; Environmental Studies; Health Sciences & Technology; Medical Sciences; Institute for Development Studies (IDS) and Centre for Environmental Management & Control (CEMAC). Candidates are advised to ensure that the following documents are enclosed in the file:
(a) NYSC Certificates (Discharge or Exemption or exclusion Certificate). Note that To Whom It May Concern shall not be accepted.
(b) Two copies of the Application summary form (D3) available online should be downloaded & printed:
(i) One copy of the printed summary form (D3) should be glued very neatly (NOT STAPLED) on a brown 10” X 15” envelope;
(ii) The second copy of the printed summary form (D3) should be glued very neatly (NOT STAPLED) on a white 9” X 13” file Jacket;
(c) All accompanying documents should be placed in the file Jacket, specified in (c.ii) and the File Jacket should be placed in brown envelope as specified in (c.i.) above.
All documents must fit into the 10” X 15” envelope and delivered or addressed and sent by courier to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka”.
UNN POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION DEADLINE: Online sale of Application Forms starts from 8th May, 2018 and ends on 15th June, 2018.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
1. All applicants shall undergo computer based Postgraduate Admission Screening Test.
2. Check out for information on screening processes via the UNN Website:www.unn.edu.ng or www.spgs.unn.edu.ng from 15th July, 2018 after submitting the completed application form.
3. Date of the Screening Test: To be announced.
NOTE: For Ph.D. degree programme, a candidate must obtain at least an acceptance letter for publishing an article from a journal certified by the University of Nigeria, Nsukka as a condition for graduation.